The only constant thing in life is change. There was a time when people had to travel several miles to purchase physical ticket from retail stores to participate in lottery games. This usually result in long queues, lengthen waiting, stress, time and energy wasting. Nowadays, you can sit at the comfort of your home, office or vacation home playing lottery online. The only gadget you need is your personal computer or mobile phone to safely and easily play lotto online. Whether you play lotto online or in a retail shop, conditions, odds and functions are the same. The draws also occur at the same time.
Important Facts about Playing Lottery Online
- Playing lotto Online is the next big thing.
- It is convenient and very easy to play lottery online.
- Playing Lottery online is safe and secure with the right operator.
Playing Lottery Online: Choosing a Reliable Lottery Website
The first important criterion in playing lottery games is choosing a reliable and suitable lotto site. Security of the website must be considered with great care. One way to ensure the safety of a lotto site is to check if there is padlock before the website URL in the bar. If there is, that means any personal information you input on the site will be safely stored and used. If the site has no such symbol, quickly look for another one that has.
Another criterion to consider is the jackpot size. Jackpots may vary between lotteries, starting from a few thousands to millions. Lottery operators usually have a display of lottery that captivates attention of players but will then host smaller lottery offerings.
How to Register an Account
After following all these criterions, the next step is to register an account on the website. Registering is easier at some operators than others. It requires the following information: proof of identity, a valid email address, personal information (surname, first name, family name, date of birth and so on), bank account details, and credit card information. Once your account has been set up, you can start playing lottery online conveniently.
Usually, you will get an email after each draw from your lottery agent informing you about the status of your lottery ticket whether it won or not and the prize money in case of a win. You can also watch the lottery draws live on television or the internet and check the results online, in the local newspaper or teletext.
Methods of Paying for Online Tickets
You cannot pay for your lottery ticket in cash like you do at your local lottery retailer when playing lotto online, you rely on other payment methods and the internet has provided a wide variety of options such as PayPal, Google Checkout, Credit Card (American Express, Visa), Direct Debit, Debit Card, PaySafe and so on.
Method of Paying Lottery Online Winners
Although there are several ways for you to pay for your lottery ticket, the method of paying winners out is almost the same for most lotteries. If the amount is up to a particular amount, the lottery will credit it to your user account but if the amount is beyond limit, you will be contacted personally before the prize money is sent automatically to your bank account. Sometimes, experienced consultants are assigned to winners of huge jackpot for advise on how to deal with the prize money.
Tips on how to avoid Lotto Online Scam
1. Phishing Emails: Phishing is a typical and predominantly email based scam, where scammers attempt to lure and trap you with a fake message pretending to be from a trusted & reliable source in order to pry into your personal data such as your bank account information. Most times the email will impersonate a well-known and trusted company such as a bank making use of the company’s brand to make it look legitimate. The message is always designed in such a way that makes you spring to action, for example, you might be told that your account has been compromised or disabled. In cases of lottery scams, the message always requests you to pay advance fee for a lottery you’ve supposedly won, the lottery you didn’t enter. Thus, you have to be wary of these emails, do not give out your personal details over the mail. Also avoid clicking on links that look suspect as the site link may try to download viruses on your personal computer.
2. Use only SSL-protected pages: Always ensure that the site you are entering your data and any sensitive information required to complete an online transaction is secured with SSL. SSL is an encryption that secures and encodes sensitive data. It is usually very difficult for hackers to hack these websites. The SSL encryption is activated with a ‘lock’ icon in your address bar. It is advised that you only click on address that starts with ‘https’, and not ‘http’ as the ‘S’ means that the site is ‘secure’.
3. Use only Trusted Websites: Always check for certificates of companies like VeriSign or Thawte when accessing lottery websites. Be sure that the site is legitimate and licensed by the appropriate government agencies. Legal and legit lottery sites have all necessary details on the footer of their page with further information in their about and terms & condition pages.
4. Check the contact details of the company: Always ensure that the company you are transacting with is legitimate and actually exists and not just a dummy site. Do well to check the contact page of the site to ascertain if the company addresses match its name.
5. Check if the company is insured: There are a lot of scammers who offer the opportunity of playing lottery online without having the capacity to pay up. There have been instances where players win jackpots but are unable to redeem their prices because the provider went bankrupt. Make sure the company is legitimately insured with a well-recognized insurance company.
6. Check the reputation of the company: Make sure you check the reputation of the lottery company by checking out past reviews of the company by player, although you should be aware that some reviews posted online are biased because they are written by the company’s affiliates.
8. Scrutinize the page for hidden fees: Always scrutinize the page for hidden fees and all other hidden instructions that may hinder you from stress-free cash outs.
9. Enter in correct information: Double check your personal information while opening an online lotto account to ensure that they are correct. Also take note of your account password.
10. Keep records of your transactions: Always print out a hardcopy or PDF of your purchase. You may also screenshot and save the transaction records to serve as proof in case anything goes wrong. It is also part of your individual right to receive automatic confirmation via email.
11. Do not give your details to any third party: Don’t respond to phishing emails requesting your personal information such as your financial information. No bank or trusted company will request for your personal information in such a way.
12. Use a secured credit card: It is always better to use a secure credit card rather than a debit card for making online transactions. You may also ask your credit card provider the exact type of fraud protection embedded in the card for better online protection.
13. Play online with your personal computer: Always play lottery online with only your computer. Avoid using public computers, connections and wifi. Make sure you log out of your account properly even on your own computer.
14. Install protection against data theft: Take extra caution to protect your computer from viruses, hacks, Trojans and other malware. There are lots of tools that you can used to safely secure your computer, some are free and some are not. But note that no software can offer you 100% protection so you must be very careful.
Where can you Play Lottery Games Online for Money?
There is a reason it is called online lottery games. It is to grant unlimited access to people all over the world to utilize the opportunity of making quick money. Although, there are some exceptions. It is better to find out if the online lottery game allows entry from your country, and from which region. Also check for age restrictions and limitations. For more relevant information, we invite all players to check our lottery comparison page and find out there they can play lottery online with absolute ease and comfort.
Powerball In Pennsylvania
Powerball in Pennsylvania is another awesome opportunity for players to win really big from the Pennsylvania Lottery games. Powerball for Pennsylvania is by far one of the most exciting games in the PA lottery games. It considerably huge offers in winnings is relatively big compared to the ticket cost, which is only $2, unless players […]
Powerball in Michigan
Powerball in Michigan began on January 31, 2010. Just as Mega Million replaced The Big Game about 10 year ago, Powerball replaced Lotto America in April 1992. For those that have been paying attention to the news over the past couple of years, they will agree that both lottery Michigan Powerball and Mega Millions have […]
Pennsylvania Lottery Treasure Hunt
Pennsylvania lottery treasure hunt is quite similar to the PA pick 5 in the sense that they both require that five numbers are picked, but while in the pick 5 all numbers have to match, in the Pennsylvania lottery treasure hunt, not all the numbers have to match. This is great news as this reduces […]
Pennsylvania Lottery Bonus Code
In most cases, when you search online, you may find the word iLottery featuring in your search results more often than Pennsylvania lottery bonus code, which let’s assume you originally searched for. This is because iLottery is a product of a very intelligent collaboration between two strong parties; a new online gaming site brought to […]
Pennsylvania Lottery App
The Pennsylvania Lottery App was developed to make enhance players’ participation and experience with the Pennsylvania Lottery games. The idea is to make sure lovers of Pennsylvania Lottery get the best in service and fun. The Pennsylvania Lottery made good sure that nobody is excluded as it made adequate provision for Pennsylvania lottery app for […]
PA Pick 3
It is an everyday game; seven days a week, two times a day and a win of over $500! The PA pick 3 is a smile to the bank game for lottery players. The PA Pick 3 lottery has to deal with lottery users picking just three numbers and hoping that these three numbers gets […]
PA Lottery Pick 5
The PA lottery pick 5 is one of the PA ‘Picks’. It involves picking five numbers from 1 to 9 on the PA pick five tickets. The numbers then become winning numbers if they are a match with the numbers after they are drawn. The odds are high as all five numbers have to match, […]
PA Lottery Match 6
This is a type of lottery which involves lottery players, matching six numbers within the range of 1 to 49. This is often tagged as the hardest of the lotteries found and played only in Pennsylvania with Jackpot odds as high as 4, 661,272. The PA lottery match 6 is one of the most famous […]
Pennsylvania Lottery Games
Let us start with some very mouth-watering statistics about the PA Lottery Games and the implication on the State and its citizens. According to data from the 2018 fiscal year, the Pennsylvania Lottery Games have recorded $4,221,381,197 billion in gross sales, $1,093,645,976 billion in transfers to beneficiaries, $2,733,773,913 million worth of prizes paid to players, […]
PA Lottery Cash 5
This is a lottery type in which the lottery players are expected to pick five numbers from 1 to 43. These numbers are then drawn and the individual can hope to earn if two, three, and four and all five of the picked numbers matched. This article will now discuss further on how the PA […]